Tuesday, October 10, 2006

School Uniform

Early in the morning, well, 7.30am sih..., "si mas" woke me up, and asked to be dropped by into his workplace (according to him, he struggled a lot to wake me up since 7.00am. Hihihi..."ya maaf"...). Heatin' up d car for a while, then off we go.

On the way back home, I passed through a school. Hem...hem...lots of cute boys, hahahaha...inget umur!!! Honestly, this is what I've imagined about student uniforms and atmosphere in England's schools. Tidy, formal, yet mysterious.

Some of them were riding the bicycle near my car, while d others were dropped by their parents (usually the little one, aged hem...somewhere between 7-12years old, but...as u know, it is hard to guess the age of a "bule" cuz they seem older than their age).

Some of them even gave me a thumb up whenever I stopped and make a way for them. Ahhh...there was one boy (I think he's around 15-17 years) waved at me while he kept on cycling and passing the road. Cute alarm...cute alarm. Huahahahahahaha....

Considering my background as a girl who spent most of her time reading "Malory Towers" or those-other-books-with-England-school-live-in-a-dormitory-as-the-background, I couldn't resist when passing that school to keep on looking at them, and drooling all over my car. Hehehe...Sometimes I still couldn't believe that I will live here, in a land where I frequently dreamed the most. And now, living in this British land and surrounded by those cute boys with cool uniforms, really make me feels that those thing which had been written in the books were not a lie.

Oh yeah, although I had a chance to visit Eton School, the place where Prince William studied, when I went to Windsor Castle with my parents, time is limited during that visit. Thus, I was only able watched Eton from the castle, look small though...but satisfied me enough. Dengan noraknya, gue bahkan men-zoom kamera gue dengan harapan bisa ngintip para pelajar Eton yang ganteng2. Hahahaha...could you imagine someone went to school with this uniform?

Yummy, eh?! (well, both Prince William and d uniform. Hehehehe..). If you compared it with our Indonesian school's uniform, ours seem dull. But you know what, now I know the reason why they weared lots of layer for their uniform (1st the shirt, then the cardigans/vest, then the grey/black coat), it is because they started their school term during winter time. While in Indonesia, the weather is always the same, either raining or dry. No need to wear 3/4 layer of clothes.

But then again, those uniform is really sumthin', ain't?

Anyway, my experience today reassures my fantasy about England school's uniform.

It sure is pleased me a lot. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah nampaknya si ica genit nich....

udeh nganterin cowonya....masih bisa lirak lirik.......apalagi kalo kalo cowonya kerjanya seharian nich......?

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah jangan mau dianter lagi ah.....

mending cowonya jalan sendiri aja ke tpt kerjanya...bisa ngecengin abg juga hehehhehe

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ica J A W A said...

Percayalah, laki gue juga ngeceng kok di tempat kerjanya. Banyak abg dateng ke tempat kerja dia. Hehehehehe...

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home