Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Printer...oh...Printer...


Choosing a printer for MAC was completely not an easy job!! Especially if you lived in a country that used Microsoft, instead of MAC, for their software. I thought it was going to be piece-of-cake job to choose a printer, since i did it before (but for PC-Microsoft). I already went to Staples, a big computer/electronic store near my house (which has recommended by many Indonesian people here). But their answer was shocked me, because the employee said that : "none of this printers compatible with MAC, sorry". I was like having a heart attack when I heard that words. What can a not-techno girl do about this sort of thing?! Who the hell am I? Bill Gates? How do I know which printer will be compatible for my laptop!!

So...with full of revenge and angry, I spent days to days to research which printer could compatible with my 'lovely' Power Book G-4 Apple, and finally found several good printer with reasonable prices. But here comes another problem...where is my software CD for my Apple???!!! F*%K...i leaved it at Indonesia...

Then, i called my boyfriend to ask about it, but he said that i already put it on my baggage. I checked dozen times to search that tiny thing, but...i came up with empty hands. Hiksss....Where is it?! *panic mode*. At the same time, i sent sms to my brother, ask for his help to check it at mum's and dad's house. But...there's no CD!! Not in every single room, and every inch of the house. Ok...it leaved me a BIG question..."How did it gone?!". I never touched it or used it, ever!! It just suddenly dissapeared and leaved no traces. Oh God...why..oh why...

In desperate search of the CD, i kept going on searching for the right printer and where i could by it. I went to the library to ask IT department, and they give me the name of a good store. So...i went to the store and the owner gave me an advice and another recommendation. He told me that i have to choose the big printer. Well, i don't need big and fancy printer that can scan and copy and whateverrrr...i don't have any company!!! I'm just a humble and regular student who just want to print some assignments!! That's all...is it difficult?! It probably is...

*Sigh* After quick visit to the store, I decided to do another research or...should i say..spy about the price of printer ink. Then i realised that Canon ink was cheaper compared to HP and Epson. So....i changed again my decision on the printer and do research about Canon printer. And thank God...i managed to found the printer that live up with my expectation. In rushed, i went to the same store and ask them to check the price. After more than 2 weeks from my last visit, i decided to buy the printer. Finally...!! Pfiuh...

Right now i'm still waiting for the printer come, and knock my wooden door. Oh...whatta weeks...just to find a single printer for MAC.

Stupid MAC...(wopps...!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home